Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's a one-dish meal, very easy to make. I got the idea from a mixture of veggies I purchased from a home delivery service and added my own variations. If you don't want to heat up the kitchen by using the oven, use an extra-large skillet on top the stove, being careful not to stir too often to avoid mushy veggies.
- 8 -10 red potatoes or 8 -10 white potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen broccoli florets, no stems
- 2 -3 cloves garlic (or 3 TBSP minced garlic from jar ok)
- 8 -16 ounces bagsfrozen shoepeg white corn or 1 (15 ounce) canshoepeg white corn
- 2 large green peppers, cut into thin strips (or for color/variety use red and green)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups leftover boneless fried chicken pieces (or canned white chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or your preference)
- 1 tablespoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 cup parsley (dried ok)
- Using the oil of choice, heat large non-stick skillet.
- Using lower heat, brown onions and garlic; set aside.
- In large pot, cook potatoes until barely tender.
- On large cookie or baking sheet (sprayed with a cooking spray), layer the broccoli, corn, peppers, onion, and garlic and bake in a 350 degree oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add potatoes (skin on) and chicken to veggies and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are just starting to brown.
- Take out of oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped herbs, salt and pepper and serve as a one-dish meal!