Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, for water
- 6 -7 medium red potatoes, unpeeled (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Make the dressing: in a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the oil.
- Slowly whisk in the oil; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the salad: In a saucepan, bring enough salted water to cover potatoes to a boil.
- Add in potatoes, decrease heat to med-low and gently boil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process; drain again; set aside to cool.
- When cool, cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add beans to the same saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil; decrease heat to medium; cook beans until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain under cold water to stop the cooking process; pat dry, cut in half, and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add in onion, basil, and parsley; toss with Dijon dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours; serve cold or at room temperature.