Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Great American Recipes. I haven't made this in quite some time but it is very good!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breast fillets (4)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (you may substitute water)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- green pepper, diced, for garnish
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Rinse chicken, if needed. Pat dry.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge chicken breasts in this mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan until bubbly. Brown chicken breasts on both sides in pan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in pan. Stir in remaining flour mixture until smooth. Add wine or water. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, bay leaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked to your liking.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- Stir sour cream into pan. Cook just until heated through. Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Sprinkle with parsley and/or green pepper.
I made this for the first time the other night and I didn't like it much. Thanks.