Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Recipe by Chef Duke LoCicero, Cafe Giovanni 117 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 Located in the heart of historic French Quarter in New Orleans, Cafe Giovanni offers "New World Italian Cuisine." Orchestrated by the executive chef and the owner of the restaurant, Duke LoCicero, Cafe Giovanni's menu is cooked with fresh ingredients with American, French, Italian and New Orleans' distinctive Creole styles. Prep time is standing time. Serve 4 as an appetizer, or two as an entree. Posted for ZWT5.
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails left on
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chinese sweet chili sauce (Lucky Boy brand preferred)
- 2 ounces southern comfort liqueur
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 ounces honey
- 1 ounce sesame oil
- Mix marinade ingredients, place shrimp in marinade and let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix VooDoo sauce ingredients.
- Grill or saute shrimp until done and serve with VooDoo Sauce.
Very simple to make! The marinade came together in minutes. I really like the flavor of the marinated shrimp. Neither DH nor I loved the voodoo sauce, it was good, but we preferred the shrimp without. I couldn't find the Lucky Boy brand of sweet chili sauce and ended up buying Dynasty brand which I think gave the sauce a "processed" after taste. This may be the reason we didn't care for it, but I would suggest looking for a different brand of sweet chili sauce. I used shrimp on the smaller size so I only grilled them for about 8 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This was very good! I loved the marinade. I actually preferred the shrimp without the VooDoo sauce. But the sauce was good also. This was a very easy dish to put together. I had planned to grill the shrimp but it was pouring down rain so I chose to stay dry and saute them! Thanks for sharing! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
I love the sauce! Catching up on recipes not made for ZWT5 that I wanted to try but just couldn't before the contest ended.