Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn. The honey and cajun seasoning make a fantastic combo. You can leave out the cognac and still have a good result, in fact it may be even better without!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, stem ends removed
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's)
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans and garlic. Blanch for 3 minutes and drain.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, honey, and Creole seasoning. Let honey melt in with the olive oil and spices.
- Pat the drained beans and garlic cloves dry with a paper towel. Add them to pan and toss gently to coat with the honey and spice mixture. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off burner and pour cognac into the pan and flambe the beans until the alcohol is cooked off.