Recipe by breezermom
We generally serve this an an appetizer, but you could use this as a main dish. Serving sizes are for entree portions, not appetizers. This recipe uses fresh shrimp, not frozen. For the simplest recipes, fresh is best!!!
- 907.18 g fresh shrimp, unpeeled jumbo size (not frozen!!, fresh is best!)
- 177.44 ml butter
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml shallots or 44.37 ml green onions, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Set the shrimp aside. (Keep cold, over ice).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the lemon juice, shallots/green onions, parsley, garlic, salt, and hot sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Brush the shrimp with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with the paprika. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with the butter mixture. Serve immediately. Offer the butter mixture left in the cooking pan as a dip/sauce for the shrimp.