1/1 Photo of New Orleans-Style Scampi
We generally serve this an an appetizer, but you could use this as a main dish. Serving sizes are for entree portions, not appetizers. This recipe uses fresh shrimp, not frozen. For the simplest recipes, fresh is best!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled jumbo size (not frozen!!, fresh is best!)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons shallots or 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Set the shrimp aside. (Keep cold, over ice).
- 2Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the lemon juice, shallots/green onions, parsley, garlic, salt, and hot sauce. Stir well to combine.
- 3Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Brush the shrimp with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with the paprika. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with the butter mixture. Serve immediately. Offer the butter mixture left in the cooking pan as a dip/sauce for the shrimp.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans-Style Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 252.0 mg
- Sodium 1449.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g