Recipe by 907625
This is one of the, if not THE, best praline recipes I've had. I found it on Cookierecipes101.com. Be sure you have parchment paper and a candy thermometer. The amount per praline is up to you, but I estimated about 1-2 T per praline. I cut down the amount of pecans, but that is the only change I made. They came out perfectly and taste just like you're sitting at Jackson Square.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄8 cup butter (6 Tbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (roasted optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot.
- Heat, while stirring constantly, until mixture reaches the "soft ball" stage (230-240°F).
- Remove from heat and continue to stir until mixture becomes cloudy and creamy in appearance and the pecans are suspended in the mixture.
- On parchment paper, drop desired amount.
- Let cool, then enjoy!