Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from EmerilsGourmetMeats.com
Make and share this New Orleans Style Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 links smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, white and dark meat,cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook sausage 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Add chicken, cayenne pepper 1 tablespoons Essence to pan and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onions, bell peppers, remaining Essences and garlic to pan and cook 8-10 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add rice and cook, stirring 3-5 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to pan.
- Add stock and bay leaf.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 25 minutes; remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in green onions to serve.
This is a great recipe. I've been making for several years now...everyone that I make it for loves it! I've made with many different sausage (andouille, spicy, turkey, etc.) also added shrimp occasionally. Always cut rice and water in half, 3 cups is way too much cooked rice. Usually only takes mine 20 mintues to cook. Excellent with cornbread muffins!! One of our all time fav meals!!