A flavorful twist to crab salad. Ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit individual tastes. I usually add extra celery and olives.
- 2 cups rotelle pasta, cooked al dente'
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped pimento stuffed olive (about 8 large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- cajun seasoning, to taste (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, crabmeat, onions, celery, olives, green onions, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, cajun seasoning, salt,pepper, and horseradish; whisk to blend.
- Pour over the crabmeat mixture.
- Toss gently to coat, being careful to not to break up the crabmeat lumps.
- Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Refrigerate until well chilled and the crabmeat is marinated at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cooking time is chilling time.