1/2 Photos of New Orleans Style Crabmeat Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
A flavorful twist to crab salad. Ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit individual tastes. I usually add extra celery and olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rotelle pasta, cooked al dente'
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pimento stuffed olive (about 8 large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- cajun seasoning, to taste (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (or to taste)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the pasta, crabmeat, onions, celery, olives, green onions, and parsley.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, cajun seasoning, salt,pepper, and horseradish; whisk to blend.
- 3Pour over the crabmeat mixture.
- 4Toss gently to coat, being careful to not to break up the crabmeat lumps.
- 5Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- 6Refrigerate until well chilled and the crabmeat is marinated at least 2 hours before serving.
- 7Cooking time is chilling time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Style Crabmeat Salad
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 745.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives