1/2 Photos of New Orleans Style Bread Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
This is the only recipe my family has ever used. You can decrust the bread, but it's not really necessary if using the original thin-crusted New Orleans style French Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees (lower temperature if baking in glass pan).
- 2Butter 10" x 14" baking pan.
- 3Place bread cubes into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Pour over cubed bread the milk and evaporated milk, letting sit about 5 minutes; mix slightly with electric mixer.
- 5Mix together eggs, vanilla and sugar together in separate bowl. Can do this by hand.
- 6Add egg and sugar mixture to bread mixture.
- 7Beat all together with electric mixer. The mixture will be pretty smooth, with possibly a few small chunks. Pour into buttered pan.
- 8Bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes to1 hour. The edges will turn slightly brown, pulling away from pan and center will be set.
- 9Best if eaten the same day.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Style Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 219.8 mg
- Sodium 613.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g