This is a recipe demonstrated at the 2010 Pensacola Seafood Festival. It is from Jerry's Cajun Cafe, and the creator is Jerry Mistretta. Yummy! Don't be scared away by the list of ingredients....this is really quick to put together.
- 2 lbs shrimp, unpeeled, tail on (31-35 count)
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons seafood, magic (Paul Prudhomme brand makes this)
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (I use Zatarain's)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces louisiana hot sauce
- 2 ounces Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water; pat dry and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and combine all ingredients, except the shrimp. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Add the shrimp. Turn the heat to high and cook, stirring often, for 5-10 minutes until shrimp curl (make a C, if it is an O the shrimp are overcooked!) and turn pink. Do not overcook -- the shrimp will be tough and chewy if you do. Serve immediately. Peel and eat, dipping into the sauce.