Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
While living in New Orleans for a couple years I found many Barbecue Shrimp recipes but NONE like this one.. It is believed to be a copy cat of a restaurant famous for their Barbecue Shrimp.. Enjoy!!
- 10 lbs large unpeeled shrimp
- 750 ml dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 6 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butter
- Melt Butter
- Pour melted butter in Large roasting pan.
- Add all ingredients (except shrimp & wine), mix well.
- Add Shrimp, and 2 cups wine (add more if you would like more dipping sauce).
- Marinate Shrimp in sauce for minimum 2 hrs before cooking (overnight in refrigerator is better).
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir and baste every 10 minutes.
- Serve in deep, large soup plates with hot French Bread for dipping.
I'll certainly never fix this any other way! What a great recipe, in the taste and the ease of it. I had to try and make it to serve 4, but even then I got more guests, which I LOVE to get. 2 pounds of shrimp served 6 very well, because the sauce and the bread are really the spotlight here. My mom said she could be happy with just the "juice" and the bread! I used 2 pounds large shrimp, 2 sticks butter, 1 teaspoon worcestershire, 4 garlic cloves, minced, (we love garlic!) 5 shots tapatio, I think about a tablespoon, and about 1/1/2 cups of a good chardonnay,and it was just nice and spicey! Fantastic recipe, I've been patted on the back so many times today, this Mother's Day! Hey LBWs-Dad, this is going down in family history! THANKS!