Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really great jambalaya! Adjust the spice to suit taste.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper powder (or to suit taste) or 1 -2 drop hot pepper sauce (or to suit taste)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb deveinded shelled medium raw shrimp
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, garlic and rice in butter until the onion is tender.
- Stir in ketchup, water, vinegar, black pepper, hot red pepper sauce (or spice if using) tomato, ham Polish sausage.; stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Add in shrimp; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink, stirring occasionally.