1 hr 30 mins
Anita Harris's Note:
I had a dish like this at a dinner party and after searching for the recipe I took a little from each recipe I found that was similar and this is what I came up with. It has been a "big" hit every time I have served it (my sister isn't a seafood lover at all but ate 2 platefuls of this delectable shrimp) and I never have any leftover. This normally serves 4 people (the rule of thumb for fresh shrimp is 1/2 lb. per person), but if you are serving it for more than 4 you may want to increase the amounts and bake in 2 dishes. I serve this dish with lots of french bread and a large green salad. Oh, be sure to have plenty of napkins on hand as it is a little messy to eat since you have to peel the shrimp as you eat them. YUMMY! (The prep time includes cooling time for the butter mixture).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted (use real butter, not margarine as it won't have the same flavor)
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Greek salad dressing or 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- French bread, slices
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat then add all other ingredients except the shrimp. Mix well.
- 2Let cool to room temperature.
- 3Rinse shrimp well but DO NOT peel!
- 4Place shrimp in a 13x9 glass baking dish and pour cooled butter mixture over shrimp.
- 5Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F and bake, uncovered for about 30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink (be careful not to overbake as this will cause the shrimp to be tough).
- 7Serve shrimp along with some of the sauce in bowls or on plates and have plenty of warm french bread slices to sop up the wonderful sauce.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Spicy Barbecued Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.5
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.3 g
- Saturated Fat 44.5 g
- Cholesterol 528.6 mg
- Sodium 1149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Greek salad dressing