New Orleans Skillet Pork Chops and Rice
- Sauté onion and celery in butter and oil in heavy deep skillet for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown in skillet on both sides. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add water, brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce to skillet. Bring to boiling, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Stir in rice and fennel seeds.
- Return the chops to skillet; spoon sauce and rice over them.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour in remaining tomato sauce. Cover and cook 10 minutes more or until rice and chops are tender.