Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe last week in an e-mail from Campbell's. We enjoyed it so much served over cornbread that I had to share the recipe. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancampbell condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, 1 T of the oil, lemon juice, worcestershire and cajun seasoning.
- Heat the remaining 1 T oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Add the cream of chicken with herbs soup, milk and paprika.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp mixture to the skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are done.
- Serve the shrimp over cornbread or biscuits.
- Garnish with the fresh chives.
Wow! really good and very quick to make. I didn't have the soup with herbs so I just used condensed cream of chicken and added fresh thyme, oregano, dill, and chives from my garden. Was wonderful served over biscuits! DBF said "this is Good!" after one bite so I know this is a keeper!
This was fabulous!!! The sauce was just terrific. I did serve this on cornbread and I think this just added to the experience. Usually I would serve this over rice but the cornbread really did put this over the edge. This was excellent. Thanks Dreamgoddess.