From my long-lost treasure trove of recipes newly found. While we love homemade soups in Iceland, I cannot make this as I have not seen a squash here in nearly 4 yrs. This is very low-cal & low-fat, but I will have to rely on you RZ chefs to tell me if it is as good as it looks to me. As w/TrTr #1, my best guess is this was prob a Food Network recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 medium onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (may use olive oil)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 medium yellow squash (diced)
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 small carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (cooked, sml or baby shrimp work best)
- sour cream (garnish) (optional)
- dill weed (garnish) (optional)
- In a lrg saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onions in butter (or olive oil) till tender, but not browned.
- Add stock, squash, potatoes & carrots. Cook til vegetables are tender.
- Cool & puree in blender (or use immersion blender). Return bisque to stove, add remaining ingredients & season to taste.
- Bring to boil for 2 min & serve. Add dollop of sour cream & sprinkle of dill weed for garnish as desired.