Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation of Louisiana "barbecued" shrimp. Spicy and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I like Franks or Crystal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs unpeeled unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fold four 16x12-inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open foil.
- Remove shrimp from bowl, reserving marinade. Place 2 cups of shrimp on half of each sheet of foil. Drizzle remaining marinade evenly over shrimp. Top each serving with 1 tablespoons of butter. Seal all edges of foil.
- Position foil packets on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve one packet per plate, cutting open top of each packet before serving. Peel and eat.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce in the bottom of each packet.