Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A perfect way to use up that little dab of leftover rice. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Smaller portions might make a good appetizer.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine all ingredients as listed and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into cakes and brown in butter.
Fortunately my comment will not offend anyone. This is terrable.It is runny like a pancake and tastes like salty flour.It burns easily and is undone in the center. I was really hoping this was a good use for left over rice. School Cooker