Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Could it be? Yes, one of the BEST Cajun dishes EVER!! Try It! Beans must soak overnight. This will serve 8.
- 1 lb dried red kidney beans
- 1⁄2-1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 dash red pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ham bone, with generous amount meat
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Wash beans well.
- Cover in cold water & soak overnight.
- In large kettle, add beans & water in which they have been soaked.
- To this, add other ingredients & add more water to cover, if necessary.
- Cook slowly, till beans are tender about 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt & serve over mounds of rice.