Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Very easy to make and a switch from my usual pork chops that are cooked in cream of mushroom soup. This also works with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It's great served with rice or mashed potatoes. From Gooseberry Patch Almost Homemade cookbook.
- 6 pork chops (I prefer bone-in)
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Arrange chops in a greased 13x9 baking pan; set aside. In the same skillet, heat together soup, sour cream, water, seasonings and half the onions. Spread over the pork chops. Cover and bake at 350°F for one hour. Uncover and top with remaining onions. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- This can also be easily made in a crock pot. After browning pork chops, put in a crock pot and then follow the rest of the directions. I usually just put the second portion of French fried onions on top of the pork chops at the start of cooking when cooking in a crock pot.