Angela Dawn's Note:
I was in shock to find no recipes for paneed chicken in here! In New Orleans "Paneed" mean pan fried. It's usually chicken coated in bread crumbs and seasonings that is pan fried and served with pasta alfredo. This recipe is one I found from Bon Appétit, September 1995. I have however tweaked it and made it a little more to my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded out slightly)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fusilli
- 1Place eggs in shallow bowl and beat to blend. Mix breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken into eggs, then into crumb mixture, turning to coat completely.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a dish in a warm oven. Discard oil in skillet; add 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp, green onions and bell peppers; sauté over medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp and vegetables to dish with the chicken. Add wine to skillet; boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 minutes. Add cream and garlic; boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Mix in cayenne and Parmesan.
- 3Return shrimp, veggies and any collected juices to sauce in skillet. Stir over medium heat until heated through.
- 4Meanwhile, cook fusilli in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 5Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Plate each chicken breast and divide the pasta between the four plates of chicken. Sprinkle with the 2 table spoons of fresh chopped parsley to garnish before serving.
- 6Great served with fresh french bread and butter. Also goes great with a little side salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Paneed Chicken With Shrimp and Fusilli
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.8
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 347.6 mg
- Sodium 1158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 61.0 g