Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great dish, I always get rave reviews on this recipe.
- 6 pieces bacon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces lump crabmeat
- 16 ounces frozen white corn
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of zatarains crab boil
- Cook bacon is a large frying pan with a little oil on low to get the grease out of the bacon.
- Chop pepper, tomato, onion, celery and carrots, then add to the bacon in the frying pan. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes on medium low heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large glass bowl add cream (you can add more or less if you like your bisque thicker or thinner then the recipe calls for), add crab meat, and corn(still frozen).
- Put a strainer over top of a small bowl. Take your frying pan with the vegetables and bacon and strain the grease from them into the bowl. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of corn starch to the grease and stir. After blended well add 1 tablespoon of zatarains crab boil to the grease/cornstarch mixture. (you can add more crab boil if you like yours spicier). Stir the crab boil into the mixture.
- Add grease/cornstarch/crab boil mixture to the bowl with the crab, cream, and corn. Stir well.
- Cover the bowl with foil and bake on 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes, and remove the foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Optional garnish: sprinkle with pepper and add a little parsley.
I selected this recipe just for my husband and he quite enjoyed the bisque. I chopped all the vegetables very fine. I made this all on the stovetop as I was pressed for time, cooking on a low temperature and stirring often to keep it from scorching. I threw some crumbled bacon on top before serving. I think it came out perfectly and my husband was mighty pleased. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.