1 hr 15 mins
This is a great dish, I always get rave reviews on this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon is a large frying pan with a little oil on low to get the grease out of the bacon.
- 2Chop pepper, tomato, onion, celery and carrots, then add to the bacon in the frying pan. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes on medium low heat.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4In a large glass bowl add cream (you can add more or less if you like your bisque thicker or thinner then the recipe calls for), add crab meat, and corn(still frozen).
- 5Put a strainer over top of a small bowl. Take your frying pan with the vegetables and bacon and strain the grease from them into the bowl. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of corn starch to the grease and stir. After blended well add 1 tablespoon of zatarains crab boil to the grease/cornstarch mixture. (you can add more crab boil if you like yours spicier). Stir the crab boil into the mixture.
- 6Add grease/cornstarch/crab boil mixture to the bowl with the crab, cream, and corn. Stir well.
- 7Cover the bowl with foil and bake on 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes, and remove the foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 8Optional garnish: sprinkle with pepper and add a little parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans (Nawlins) Style Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1172.7
- Calories from Fat 906
- Total Fat 100.7 g
- Saturated Fat 57.2 g
- Cholesterol 388.9 mg
- Sodium 474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: