12 hrs 30 mins
Chef #208121's Note:
Note The dressing can include a mashed anchovy. The recipe is based off the Central Market recipe. Adopted 7/28 Make at your own risk until I work with it. It might be like the wonderful potatoes. Fantastic or .. not. If you make it please give feedback and tell me what you liked and what you did so I can use this to improve the recipe if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the olive salad
- 2/3 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1/4 cup cocktail onion, drain and chop
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
For the sandwich
- 1OLIVE SALAD:.
- 2If using Italian bread use the one with the sesame seeds on top. If you use French bread it is a Liuzza's-style "Frenchuletta" make sure the bread is crisp crusted.
- 3Olive Salad:.
- 4Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 5Place in tightly covered container in refrigerator and marinate for at least 12 hours before using.
- 7Split your loaf lenghtwise then spread with olive salad.
- 8Place meats and cheeses evenly on bottom half Close. Cut into quarters.
- 9NOTE: Feel free to play with the amounts. Each person as a different taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.3
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 2367.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: