Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely little morsel perfect with tea. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- grated rind of one orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift flour.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and orange rind until fluffy.
- Add flour, working it thoroughly into the dough.
- Sprinkle counter with sugar and roll small, log-shaped pieces of dough; join ends to make rings 1 1/2" across.
- Bake approximately 8-10 minutes or until golden.