1/1 Photo of New Orleans French Toast
The grated orange peel is the secret in this recipe. This is a definite "make-again" recipe in my book. Great flavors and no more effort than any french toast. Serve with maple syrup or top with fresh orange sections tossed with sugar and orange liqueur. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Old-Fashioned Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat all ingredients except butter and bread until smooth.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted.
- 3Dip several bread slices into egg mixture (stir egg mixture each time before dipping bread).
- 4Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5Repeat with remaining bread slices, adding remaining butter as needed.
- 6Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 524.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g