Recipe by AmyZoe
The grated orange peel is the secret in this recipe. This is a definite "make-again" recipe in my book. Great flavors and no more effort than any french toast. Serve with maple syrup or top with fresh orange sections tossed with sugar and orange liqueur. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Old-Fashioned Cookbook.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices day-old bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients except butter and bread until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Dip several bread slices into egg mixture (stir egg mixture each time before dipping bread).
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.