Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
You may never want plain poached eggs again!
Make and share this New Orleans Eggs with Brandy Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1 pound of butter in a sauté pan or skillet over low heat.
- Add the crabmeat and cook slowly, stirring very gently, just until hot, about 5 to 8 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- To prepare the brandy cream sauce, melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour gradually, cook for about 3 minutes, and then gradually pour in the milk, continue stirring.
- Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, and then add the salt, pepper and brandy.
- Continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is medium thick.
- To poach the eggs, bring the water and the vinegar to a boil in a large skillet or sauté pan.
- Keeping the water at a continuous low rolling boil, crack the eggs one by one into it.
- Cook until the egg whites are firm, about 4 minutes.
- Lift the poached eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon, allowing the water to drain back into the pan.
- Place them on a heated platter while you assemble the dishes.
- Place 3 ounces of crabmeat on each of 8 heated plates, and then place 2 poached eggs side by side on the crab meat.
- Ladle the sauce evenly over the portions.