Recipe by Sherrybeth
From an old chef who used to work at Brennan's and who has been a family friend for years. This is excellent on turkey or chicken but I have served it with fish. Super easy and super good. The four hours is chill time.
Top Review by Zetty66
I have to think there's something missing in the ingredients list. The salsa came out so tart, I couldn't eat it. I added 3T of sugar to soften the tartness of the cranberries and that helped. Sorry.
- 1 quart fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 -10 jalapenos or 5 -10 serrano chilies, to taste
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first five ingredients, and cook until cranberries are tender and falling apart.
- Place in a food processor, and pulse with short bursts until the mixture is coarsely, NOT smoothly, puréed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let cool and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.