Recipe by JanetSmith154
a creamy buttery corn pudding with a "brulee" topping. This pudding may be made ahead without the topping, chilled, and reheated - and then the topping prepared just before serving!
- 24 ounces frozen corn
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and sugar together in a saucepan until butter is melted.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Gradually stir in the cream, then add eggs, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in corn and pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The mixture should slightly "wobble" in the center.
- For the topping: Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Spread over baked souffle and broil for 5 (the topping will "harden" after it's removed from the oven).