Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
You will need to make corn stock AND shrimp stock. I suggest using shrimp since the stock will be used anyway. You may also add a little cornstarch dissolved in water at the end if you prefer this to be slightly thicker. Prep time includes time for stocks.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 cups cooked fresh whole kernel corn (reserve stock, approx. 9 large ears)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (I use blackened Redfish Seas.)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crab boil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 quarts corn stock
- 1 1⁄2 quarts shrimp stock
- 1 lb boiled shrimp, peeled (optional)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion top
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- white pepper
- Melt butter; add corns, celery, bell pepper, onions and garlic- saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk until white roux is achieved- DO NOT BROWN.
- Add stocks, seafood seasoning and crabboil stirring while adding.
- Bring to a low boil, then simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, green onions and parsley and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat and shrimp.
- Season to taste, simmer for 3-5 more minutes.
- You may add cornstarch dissolved in little water if you prefer this thicker.
I havemade this recipe and twice and both times it was excellent. Worth the effort!!! I omitted the shrimp and used canned crab instead, just an amazing soup.