Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Domestic Goddess shares effortless meals that can be cooked in a flash Nigella Lawson
- 1 head white cabbage or 1 head savoy cabbage, weighing about 2 lbs before trimming
- 2 carrots
- 4 scallions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise (best-quality, preferably organic, store-bought)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, fairly finely chopped
- Trim and shred the cabbage; you can do this either by hand or with a food processor.
- Peel and grate the carrots, and finely slice the scallions and celery. Toss all the vegetables together in a bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, maple syrup, and vinegar and coat the shredded vegetables with this dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss in the chopped nuts.