Recipe by Dawn
This is a quick and easy chili, using items commonly found in the pantry. This is a favorite standby in our family when we want something filling, but don't have alot of time for cooking.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 lb kielbasa (I use lowfat turkey blend)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop sausage into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and add chopped vegetables.
- Sautee until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat an additional 10 minutes or until heated through.