Recipe by Kikimony
This is a rich sauce for an easy dinner.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
I ended up adding enough water to make it saucy--pretty thick sauce otherwise. I assumed it was supposed to have a "sauce". This was very quick and easy to prepare and the flavor was outstanding. Would definitely recommend others give it a try...
- 4 chicken breast fillets (@ 1 pound)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dredge chicken in this.
- Melt 2 TBSP only of the butter in frying pan until bubbly.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in pan.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture until smooth.
- Add wine.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, bay leaf, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper and celery.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Stir in sour cream into pan.
- Cook just until heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.