Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipes has been submitted for play in ZWT9 – Cajun/Creole. The recipe is from cookbook: Cajun Cooking by Better Homes and Gardens. Chicory makes dark, rich Louisiana coffee special. In the 1800's, cafe brulot bowls, ladles and cups were traditional wedding presents for New Orleans brides.
Top Review by Annacia
Really outstanding! I made this for breakfast going somewhat lighter on the booze (it wasn't quite 7 am!). I'm telling you, there are some advantages to old age! :rofl:. Loved the citrus and spice mix and used Splenda for the sugar. YUM!! Made for ZWT 9.
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 sugar cubes
- 1 orange peel, membrane removed (strip - 3x1/4-inch)
- 1 lemon peel, membrane removed (strip - 3x1/4-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 cups hot strong coffee, double-strength
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blazer pan of a chafing dish combine cinnamon, cloves, sugar cubes, orange and lemon peels.
- In a small pan heat brandy till nearly boiling. Remove from heat and ignite. Pour over the mixture in blazer pan.
- Place the blazer pan over chafing dish burner and spoon the brandy over sugar until the cubes melt. Stir in coffee .
- Pour into mugs and enjoy.