Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a good salad for a large gathering.
- 5 lbs cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 lb carrot, grated
- 12 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 12 ounces celery & leaves, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 3⁄4 cups dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- In a very large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, onions and celery.
- Mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over vegetables and toss well.
- Note: For added color, use purple cabbage when it's available.
- Make the dressing the day before to fully develop the flavors.