Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place 2 sheets of wax paper on 2 cookie sheets and butter. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cook to soft-ball stage.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir until it loses its glossy sheen.
- Working quickly, drop mixture in tablespoons onto buttered paper.
- Let pralines cool completely before removing from paper.