1 hr 30 mins
Recipe Baroness's Note:
This very rich recipe is great for special occasions and has been adapted upon from Paul Prudhomme's bread pudding recipe. It would wonderful for a loved one on Valentines day! Note: use French bread only, not regular white bread, and leave the crust on the cubed bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 cups stale French bread cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or Fresh)
- 1In A large Bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs about three minutes.
- 2Add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, Cinnamon, and butter beating for 2 minutes.
- 3Beat in milk and add pecans while beating another three minutes.
- 4Place bread cubes in a greased loaf pan.
- 5Add Raspberries to the bread cubes and gently toss together.Keeping the raspberries intact as much as possible.
- 6Pour the egg mixture over them and toss until bread is soaked.
- 7Let sit until you see only a narrow bead of liquid around the pans edges; about 45 minutes.
- 8Pat the bread down into the liquid.
- 9Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and puffy.( the pudding will fall as it cools slightly).
- 11In a sauce pan combine the butter, sugar and half and half.
- 12Bring to a rapid boil. reduce heat and cook at a slow boil for 3 minutes.
- 13Remove from stove top and cool for 5 minutes.
- 14Add White Godiva Chocolate Liqueur to the sauce and stir.
- 15TO serve, put a 4 OZ ice cream scoop portion of bread pudding into a martini glass and top with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- 16Top with a dollop of whipping cream, fresh mint and a raspberry.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Orleans Bread Pudding With Raspberries, Pecans and White God
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.9
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 969.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Godiva white chocolate liqueur