Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
While on a trip to New Orleans I attended a cooking class for some local flavor! I don't even like bread pudding but tasted this anyways.OH MY!! This was the best thing in the world! Most recipe's call for a whiskey sauce but the Amaretto sauce in this one is plate licking out of this world!! I will be posting it by itself too! I recommend doubling the sauce recipe because I like extra of it,and find that others do too!
- 1 loaf French bread, stale cut into 1 inch cubes (I store the loaf in a cold oven over night to make it stale)
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (for sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (for sauce)
- Preheat oven 375 and grease a 9x13 pan(I use a disposable for easy clean up).
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix together well, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, amaretto, cinnamon. Pour over bread and let soak for 10-20 minutes.
- Pour into buttered 9x13 dish and bake for 45 to 1 hour till center is done and browned on top(for moister pudding add another pan of water on the rack below).
- Cool 10 minutes before serving with sauce.
- For sauce: I always double this!
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Wisk in powdered sugar, then amaretto.