Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Stop searching for the perfect New Orleans barbecue shrimp! Make sure you serve it with French bread for dippin' and a roll of paper towels! Suck the juices off the shrimp like a true New Orleanian! (((Baking time is guessed, never paid attention)))
- 3 lbs raw shrimp (with shells and heads)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared barbecue spice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 pinch rosemary
- bay leaf
- cayenne, last to taste (optional)
- Melt butter, mix in ingredients.
- Pour over raw shrimp and bake in 350 degrees until shrimp are tender.
- Add cayenne to taste.
- Serve and baste.
i used regular jumbo shrimp and also used some of emeril's essence.great flavor and fun to eat