Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe uses my recipe for Homemade Ricotta and Neufchatel cheese. It combines the taste of classic New York cheese cake, made with cream cheese with traditional Italian Cheesecake made with ricotta. Can be served alone or with any fruit topping. NOTES: 1) If you are using my recipe for the ricotta, use lemon juice instead of vinegar for that lemony flavor. Or use 3 tablespoons of lemon zest if using store bought ricotta. 2) If you are using vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract, bring 3 tablespoons o milk to a simmer, split open vanilla bean, and scrape insides with point of a knife. Add bean and scrapings to milk and remove from heat. Allow to cool and infuse. Discard bean after milk has cooled to room temperature.
- 9 graham crackers
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups homemade ricotta cheese, drained for 1 hour or 2 cups commercial ricotta cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, drained for 1 hour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or 1 vanilla bean, scraped and steeped in warmed milk and cooled
- Place graham crackers, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in food processor. Pulse until it resembles fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until loose mixture forms. Press into 9 inch springform pan, and bake at 350 degrees of 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, salt and milk (or cooled milk+ vanilla bean, with bean discarded) and mix until smooth.
- Spray side of springform pan with cooking spray. Pour filling into prepared pan, and smooth with a spatula. Bake at 325 degrees, and check after 45 minutes. If knife inserted into center comes out clean, it is cooked through. Other wise cook until knife comes out clean, checking every 1o minutes. If top starts to brown, cover with aluminum foil. Allow to cool 1 hour a room temperature and at least for hours covered with plastic wrap refrigerated.