Recipe by pebbles4ann
A little different than most because these are flat rather than rolled. Use spices according to taste. When I make this, I just throw spices and water in, there is no measuring.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet sazon goya (amount in packet is a guess)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cold water
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 a head of lettuce (shredded)
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef. Drain, leaving about a tablespoon of grease in pan.
- Add seasonings, according to taste.
- Add flour and chili powder, allow to brown in beef a little.
- Add water, enough for desired consistency, packet of sazon goya and boullion cube.
- Allow sauce to thicken, adding water when needed.
- Meanwhile, soften tortillas in a little oil and drain on paper towel.
- Place one tortilla on individual plate, top with meat mixture.
- Layer with fresh onion, cheese, lettuce, tomato. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place another tortilla over the top, and repeat process. Making two layers.
- Fry egg, sunny side up. Place on top of tomato. Season with a little more salt and pepper. Enjoy (hopefully).