1 hr 10 mins
Recipe posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups bite sized cheese nips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (3-4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Combine the nuts, seeds, and cheese nips in a large bowl.
- 4Combine the butter, cumin and garlic powder in a microwaveable cup.
- 5Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted.
- 6Place the chili sauce, chipotle, orange juice concentrate and butter mixture into a blender or food processor.
- 7Blend until smooth.
- 8Pour sauce over nut mixture, stirring to coat.
- 9Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- 10Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper if using.
- 12Let cool before packing into jars or containers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexico Trail Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.7
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo