Recipe by Mar~Bear
A quick, easy, yet delicious way to prepare pork chops. Serve with refried beans and tortillas.
Top Review by Ladyfarmeror
We've made this 2-3 times now and just love it ! Sooo easy and great flavor. I use the green chilies and add a medium onion chopped coarsely when I brown the chops. I also use a whole package of taco seasoning. WONDERFUL!!!
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons powdered taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup grated cheese
- 1 bell pepper, cut into rings (medium size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops in oil. Arrange in 9X13 inch baking dish and season with salt. Sprinkle rice around pork chops. Combine taco mix, tomato sauce and water. Pour over pork chops and rice. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange pepper rings. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes or until done.
- **Tip~you can use green chile strips in place of bell pepper.