1/1 Photo of New Mexico Rubbed Pork Tenderloin With Bourbon Ancho Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
by Bobby Flay. I had this meal at the Mesa Grill in Las Vegas and have made it for company several times since. Definitely do the sauce ahead of time - it takes a while to reduce down. I figured that into the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
New Mexican Rub
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground pasilla chile powder
- 2 teaspoons de arbol chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1For Rub: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan, over high heat.
- 4Season pork with salt on both sides.
- 5Rub the pork evenly (and generously!) with the spice rub.
- 6Sear the pork on both sides until golden brown.
- 7Cook in the oven to medium doneness, about 10 minutes.
- 8For Sauce: Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 9Add the onions and cook until soft.
- 10Add the bourbon and cook until completely reduced.
- 11Add the remaining ingredients and cook until reduced by half.
- 12Strain through a fine mesh strainer, return mixture to the pan, and cook to sauce consistency.
- 13Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of bourbon and cook for 2 minutes.
- 14Season with salt.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexico Rubbed Pork Tenderloin With Bourbon Ancho Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 1693.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground pasilla chile powder
arbol chili powder