Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beer keeps the flavour light in this marinade. Ideal for chicken, beef or pork. Feel free to use any hot sauce brand of course. I think I originally copied this out of the Tabsco cook book.
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Wouldn't hurt to use a blender.
- Your done.
- Marinade can be stored for up to 3 days in a covered jar in the fridge.
I finally got around to trying this - and my family RAVED about the chicken I made with this. I made the marinade and left it sit in a jar to allow the flavors to blend - then put it in with the chicken overnight. It was so good!!
The flavors in this marinade are very very good! I made a smaller amount of marinade by using a smaller amount of beer (half cup) and used shallots instead of garlic and whirled it all up in a food processor. I pounded the chicken thinner, marinaded and then pan fried. I made this two nights in a row because I loved the flavor so much. I served it with some refried beans, corn, and a couple of whole wheat tortillas on the side. Totally satisfying. Thanks!