Recipe by Kim Weimer
I learned how to make this unique variation from a friend of mine in New Mexico. My family perfers this dish to a welcomed change of pace from the traditional lasagna.
- 1 package lasagna noodle
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 cans refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (Shredded)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can diced green chilis
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package, drain and let cool.
- Mix hamburger with red pepper flakes, majorum, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and parsley.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with green chilies.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13x2" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour a thin layer of mushroom soup mixture to cover bottom of the pan.
- Next start layering noodles, refried beans,hamburger mixture and cheese.
- Ending with a final layer of noodles.
- Pour the rest of the mushroom soup over the layers and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Then serve.