1/1 Photo of New Mexico Green Chili Stew
1 hr 20 mins
KS Farmwife's Note:
This came from a distant relative who used to have a Charlois ranch in New Mexico. Not too spicy-just plain good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled & chopped in bite size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 6 -8 cups water (add to your own personal liking for thickness of soups)
- salt and pepper (keep tasting to adjust)
- 1In large pot brown meat with onion, drain.
- 2Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- 3Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour (or until potato is fork tender).
- 4You must keep tasting this to get the salt and pepper right.
- 5Fabulous with cornbread!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexico Green Chili Stew
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 267.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g